I do a lot of baking with bananas because a.) I love bananas (cue the Anna banana jokes) and b.) when you have a toddler you always buy more fruit than you actually eat since they change their eating habits daily. One day they love bananas and the next they spit them out like it’s the worst food in the world. So today I made these super delicious banana chocolate cupcakes! Plus, I had some extra banana buttercream frosting in my freezer that I needed to use so I’d stop sneaking spoonfuls at night! 😳 😋
Ingredients: (makes 1 dozen)
- 1 c flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ c cocoa powder
- 1 ½ c packed dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ bananas
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 6 tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer (or standing mixer) cream together butter and dark brown sugar. Add in bananas until smooth. Mix in egg.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients. Then add milk 1 tbs at a time. It should almost look like chocolate icing.
- Spoon mix into butter-greased and floured cupcake pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test!