My coworker and family friend, Jason, is always bringing in coffee with creamer every Saturday. His usual favorite is Reese’s (can you blame him?). So in honor of his birthday Friday, I made these bad boys. I was looking for a more cake-style cookie and this is what I came up with. I’m glad we’re dropping these off with him and his birthday buddy Phil today at a small (social distancing friendly😷) get together, because if I keep these in the house any longer I think I’d gain back any weight I’ve lost the past few weeks running! As usual, I got no complaints from the Joe man. Just a quick grab-and-run when I asked him if he wanted to try one.
*I was just shy a full cup of Reese’s to put in the recipe (someone’s tiny fingers were sneaking them while I was mixing things together). So they SHOULD look a bit more Reese’s filled!🙃
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 c white sugar
- ¾ c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tbs vanilla
- 2 c flour
- ½ c cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 c Reese Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder with a whisk. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer or standing mixer, cream together butter and both sugars. Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients until well combined. Add in Reese’s Pieces and stir with a wooden spoon (You can add extra if you want them REALLY loaded up!).
- Scoop 1 inch balls onto greased baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer onto a wire rack and let cool.