This is the EASIEST and most addicting dessert to make. My husband asks me to make it all the time. Prep time is about 15 minutes (1 hour to set). If you’re in a pinch for a quick dessert for later or in the mood for something sweet, you have to try this! My mom’s been making this for years and it’s a family favorite.
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. butter
- saltine crackers
- (1) 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Cover medium cookie sheet with foil and spray with Pam.
- Line saltine crackers onto sheet. Break apart crackers if necessary to cover entire sheet.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add brown sugar. Stir often until it boils. Let boil 1 minute then turn off heat.
- Pour caramel mixture onto crackers and use rubber spatula to spread over to the edges of the sheet.
- Put in oven for 5 minutes.
- After you take it out, you’ll have to move some crackers back in place with the spatula. They shift a bit when the caramel bubbles.
- Pour chocolate chips on top and spread with spatula. They’ll melt as you go.
- Put in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Break apart pieces and you’re done! 🙂