Yes, the enchilasagna. It’s everybody’s favorite because its a mix between the best (and cheesiest) meals: an enchilada and lasagna. The future is here and it is hungry.
- 1/2 can (8 oz) jumbo lump crab meat
- 3 cups freshly grated pepperjack cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 8-oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk (more for smoother/runnier sauce)
- 3-4 diced peppers, we used jalepenos. 1 sliced for garnish on top.
- 1 package fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- pinch of Moldan salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbls red pepper flakes
- Olive oil, about 1/4 cup total
- Corn tortillas (small enchilada size)
- 2 eggs (optional, if you like them cooked and put on top of your enchilasagna)
Sauté onion and spinach with drizzle of olive oil and freshly pressed garlic cloves. Set aside.
In a large pot on medium-high heat: add 2 cups pepperjack ,1 cup mozzarella, 8-oz cream cheese, milk and spices. Once melted together, add in crab meat, artichokes and spinach and onions. If it seems too thick you can always add more milk.
Use remaining olive oil (or any oil in general) in a small pan, warm the corn tortillas and start placing place them in a 9×13 casserole dish. It’s all about the layers with this dish!
1st layer: 4 tortillas (you’ll need to tear some apart to fit)
2nd layer: crab meat sauce
3rd layer: 4 tortillas
4th layer: crab meat sauce
Top layer: remaining jack and mozzarella cheese. Sliced jalepenos on top!
Place in oven at 350º for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
**Served great with some sliced tomatoes and black beans! And an egg topper if you like. (it makes it even better!)