- 1/2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into medium chunks
- 1/2 bell pepper (yellow, red, orange) cut into medium chunks
- 1 lemon, half juiced & the other cut into slices
- 1/2 container cherry tomatos, cut in half
- 1-2 hot red peppers (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 2 tbls softened butter
- 1 split chicken breast (so there should be two halves)
- 1 tsp Maldon Salt & a pinch more for veggies
- 1 tsp pepper & a pinch more for veggies
- 1 tbls minced onion
- 1/2 tbls rosemary, dried
- 3 tbls fresh parsley
- 6 thyme sprigs, remove leaves and discard stems
In a pyrex baking pan arrange veggies in a ring along the edges, leaving a whole in the center. Drizzle olive oil over the veggies and season with salt, pepper and 2 minced garlic cloves. Squeeze juice of half the lemon on veggies and put slices on top.
Carefully slice the thin membrane between the skin and meat to form a pocket in the breast. Spread 1 tbls butter in each pocket.
The next part you can modify if you don’t have a mortar and pestle by either just combining the ingredients normally or using a bowl and the end of a thick wooden spoon. But I highly recommend investing in one if you love spices, guacamole or salsas. We just got one as a gift from my mom and I am already in love with it! It enhances the flavor of any dish.
Combine salt, pepper, remaining 2 minced garlics, minced onion, parsley, rosemary, thyme leaves and grind together using the pestle. Spread herb mixture on each chicken breast and put in center of baking pan between the veggies. Drizzle olive oil over chicken and put in a pre-heated oven at 450° for 45 minutes.
If you want a really crispy skin on the chicken, you can take it out of the oven after 35 minutes and brush a little more olive oil on the top and put back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Enjoy!